Monday 30 July 2012

The Ultimate Divine Message

As we celebrate the divine occasion of Lord Krishna’s birth, let us also remember to take to heart the message of His life: never lose yourself due to external circumstances, never lose your smile, never lose your song…
Let us offer to Him, on this day of His birthday, not only our prayers and our aarti, but let us offer our lives at His holy feet, so that we, too, may become divine and pure. Let us pray:


Oh Lord, I have been waiting for you for so long, birth after birth, life after life.
Please pay just a little attention to me.
My mind and heart are clouded by a darkness known only to you.
Please, oh Lord, shine upon me the divine light which will dispel this darkness.
Oh Lord, let me be filled with Divine Bliss and joy,
whether it is the dark night of sorrow or the dawn of joy.
Make me the flower which always blossoms, in every season of the year.
Give me that sweet, loving smile which never fades,
even during times of adversity.
Let me be the lamp of your aarti, burning in devotion to you.
Let my every breath chant your name.
Let my heart beat only for you.
Let my mind and heart be engaged in your worship.
Let not only my lips sing your glories,  
but let my heart also sing your glories.
Please, oh Lord, grant me this wish.
Oh Lord, I am afflicted by attachments and jealousy.
I am burdened by the habit of condemning others.
Please remove me from this darkness.
Annihilate my ego, my attachments and my pain.
        Give me that divine vision with which I have your darshan in all I behold.
                          Let me see all as your divine manifestation.

Mantra

Mantra